Now listening to...

By UnkleBus
This is another brilliant album by the master himself. It has a broad range of styles from classical to chill to heavy progressive trance, but thank god it’s not too overly heavy. CD1 starts of with an emotional pullback to draw you in then dropping angel by Ad Finem. The pickup is smooth and got me tapping my feet to the beat before I realized. From there it gets intense with a few rather cheeky mash-ups. One such example is on CD2 when he lures the listener into a false sense of calm with Willaim Orbit's Barber's Adagio for Strings and later quite masterfully pulling in The Prodigy's Smack my bitch up.

The tempo and change in mood are seamless enough, which promises various states of trippy-ness if you get what I mean. I would liken CD1 to having sex that is the slow buildup of aural pleasure and CD2 as a sonic orgy. However it does get slightly deep house-ish a little here and there but I’ll happily overlook this as he does a masterful job everywhere else. For those who love bass, track 14 on CD1; Midsummer rain is a must. So is "As the Rush Comes" by Motorcycle on CD2 a tug between the planes of smackdom and tweakness ;)

This isn’t the typical Ferry Corsten that we know it is quite a departure from Creamfields and Passport Kingdom Netherlands, to the point of being almost experimental. And though I still hold in high regard those two albums for my own reasons… this one comes quite close. You just have to have a go at it to find out.

I rate it a 4 out of 5.


Technorati Tags: , , , ,