dirty dirty xmas...

By UnkleBus
Ferry Corsten did not disappoint! He played an incredulous set on Friday night which surpassed all of my expectations I had prior to this. I know I mentioned that I try to keep it to a minimum but how low could you go with someone like Ferry? Apparently not much. He is, of all the DJs that have played at Zouk, the only one who actually looked like he enjoyed spinning and took part in driving the crowd crazy. Armed with an air horn he blasted away delicious tunes coupled funky beats and feeling his passion the massive crowd cheered, clapped and went nuts. Even Armin van Buuren’s gig didn’t have the vibe and energy that was on show that night. It could have also been the holiday spirit and long weekend but mostly it came from his seemingly uncanny ability to drop tracks that drove us high. It was pure havoc.

Our group had a great time though it was crowded. Standing near the left of the stage and jockeying for position everyone didn’t mind being pushed around much. We were all pretty much in our own world. With the heightened sensory perception, the sound was at times gut wrenching and emotional, then delightfully pleasant. Its one gig I’ll not forget. There’s just so much more I wish I could describe but my words fail me. I was simply at awe at his skill. Bugger… I’m just waiting for his next gig down here. Hopefully it’s soon, I think the crowd has grown an insatiable appetite for big name DJ’s but always being let down in the end.

But we left early!!! Arrgghh… should have stayed till then end lah…

But we had lots of fun after that anyway Hahah…