The art of painting letters

By UnkleBus
Ah the ego, too much face to lose. Can’t say it? Oh what the hell, lets ride on the others’ sympathy for a while for as long as one keeps a straight face and believes what he/she has said is true, then the others must believe him/her too.

I mean we all believe the stories we’re told right?

So now that I’ve found what I suspect to be the male version of the crow, I probably can rest easy. In this game of popularity one does stake lots in terms of credibility. As Abe Lincoln once said and I quote “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time” is exactly what we’re talking about.

It’s a vicious cycle to remain at the top. One can never keep a secret too long or keep the truth from the masses. So to remain at the top he/she has to continuously find new avenues in order to form a likeable and presentable impression. But as we all know, it's not a competition. But if one treats it as so then sooner or later she/he is bound to make a silly mistake, like letting someone get too close, going after a person from that group or simply forgetting what has been said or done earlier and doing something at the exact opposite.

Then what happens when someone steps up to the plate and says something that denies you the glory of the catch? What do you do? One word.

mis·con·strue (mskn-str)
tr.v. mis·con·strued, mis·con·stru·ing, mis·con·strues

To mistake the meaning of; misinterpret.

I consider this word subtle yet effective, even magical in a way because it’s easily recognizable, sounds marvelous and for those who do not understand it, would almost seem to be a word of godly nature, mystical and mysterious; allowing the author to sound religiously intelligent. But in actual fact it means, “You don belif me then... whattodo?”

When such a situation is encountered there are only that many choices that one may take to recover from it; I. to continue to play it out, hoping that the others with recognize his/her persistency to be honesty; II. Be wiser, not make the same mistake again and just trash the subject; and finally III. Cast a level 12 misconstrue spell, hoping its bombastic language nature will totally annihilate the opposition leaving trace residue of not just any toxic substance, but that of saliva and bodily fluids as well.

I guess it was my fault in the first place for not realizing this earlier when so many others have. As recent as last year I’ve come to realize that there are always 2 sides to a coin. It’s a little late I realize but my perception has totally changed. Removed are the sticks from my arse, some would say (metaphorically of course). So I would like to believe, very hard, in my mind that there is a bit left to salvage from such individuals. But if its too much trouble or they just don’t want to, then forget it. I’ve got better things to do.


Technorati Tags: , ,