Capitalist nectar later?

By UnkleBus

This is gonna be a laid back weekend. Technicolor Inc. will be going to Alexis for dinner and music on Sat. It’s been a while since the group of us had a sit down dinner. Well we say it all the time that it’s been a while but who cares! Haha… Anyway the Happy People Quintet will be playing. Though I’ve never heard of them I think they should be of a certain standard to be playing there that night. Band members include Julian Chan on sax and flute, Eddie Wen on trumpet and flugelhorn (what the hell is a flugelhorn?), AJ on bass, Leonard Yap on keyboards and Martin Ngiam on drums.

I’ve never really been a fan of jazz, I lean more towards the blues and something more melodious so it’s hard to say whether I’ll like the music. Most of the time I’m just impressed at their skill with their instruments. What I really would like to see is Lewis Pragasam and his band play, which would be on the 12, 13, 19 & 20th of May so maybe there should be another trip then? We’ll see how.

It’s raining cats and dogs outside and I can’t even see KLCC. This is the heaviest it’s been for the last couple of weeks I think, gloom and doom included. I think those who are working in KL will be stuck in traffic for hours if they were to leave later so maybe it’s a good idea to pay the green starry mermaid a visit for some steaming black roast? *hint* Rain and a hot cuppa’ does miracles sometimes. That is if the rain lets up enough to get to KLCC. Either how there’s no way anyone is escaping the traffic which from my window is already slow and will reach a crawl at any time soon.

But until then its back to work… *sigh*