Steve Irwin: RIP

By UnkleBus
I heard of the death of Steve Irwin from a friend just moments ago. Later I checked my email with a link to the story. I am deeply saddened by this. He was filming the story Ocean’s Deadliest for Animal Planet when a stingray barbed him.

Although many may think that he was over the top with his antics, but he is up there with the likes of Sir David Attenborough, the famous naturalist. His enthusiasm inspired millions including me.

I’ve been a great fan of documentaries since young; and since Attenborough, no one has come close to bringing the natural world closer to home than Steve has. Hopefully his passing will inspire even more to take his place and save this precious gem we call our home. It’s the only place we know of.

Link to the story here.

Rest in peace crocodile hunter.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,