Do You Love Someone this much?

By UnkleBus
Girl: Slow down, I'm scared.
Guy: No, this is fun.
Girl: No it's not. Please it's too scary!
Guy: Then tell me you love me.
Girl: Fine I love you. Slow down!
Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.
Girl: *hugs him*
Guy: Can you take my helmet off and put it on yourself? It's bugging me.
Girl: Alright, now slow down
Guy: I love you babe
Girl: I love you too, please just slow down now!
Please...

(In the paper the next day):
A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure. Two people were on it, but only 1had survived. The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his brakes broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know. Instead, he had her say she loved him and felt her hug one last time, and then he had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die.

If you love anyone that much, re-post this ....and....the love of your life will realize they
feel the same… DONT BREAK THIS 2morow will be the best day of your life. However, if u don t post this by at least 12:00 tonight, you will have bad luck in your love life 4 the rest of your life.



I read that from the web from an anonymous source and when I did 2 things struck me. How incredibly stupid the guy was and how incredibly stupid the author of the original email is.

Everyone knows chain mail. It’s been around since email was invented. Everyone knows it’s stupid, yet still people still take time to write stuff like that. Like that Nokia email, “send this to 10 people and you will get a free phone”. Like how the hell will they track email addresses? How will they track and verify YOUR email account? And do you really think they need to give away free phones when people from all around the world are actually buying them?

Why this story struck me as stupid is not because I’m an unromantic bastard who doesn’t care if they both live or die but there’s no common sense being applied. When you find out your brakes are dead you find a way to survive and I mean keep both alive. The guy did an “oh so” honorable thing by saving his loved one but come on, giving her the helmet was no assurance that she would survive in the first place. Maybe the guy died but the girl was left paralyzed for life from the neck down and will now eat through a straw for the rest of her life. So sweet of him to leave her in that state, better be paralyzed than dead right?

He could have used his feet to slow the bike down or gear brake. He could have steered the bike onto some grass to slow the bike and cushion the fall but I suspect the only reason he did it that way was because of his EGO. Fuck, I’m bashing my own kind but someone as stupid as that deserves to be bashed. Brake problem admit lah. Don’t try to be Superman with balls of steel. Not as though if he told her there was a brake problem, it would cause their relationship to end right?

Sounds like the guy got off easy? You bet. Sounds like a perfect ending? Nope.

If anyone wanted to write a story like that, PLEASE be more ORIGINAL. Take your time to plan and develop characters, the plot and all that. It’s so fucking annoying when I read a story like that and go “what the fuck?”, I feel dumber just by reading it! Summore hor... at the end hor... they tell you to send it out to other people for good luck. With a story like that who cares if there’s good luck to be had. It’s such a stupid story. The more the story sucks, the less I want luck from it.

And then how does one go about collecting this luck? Does God track mail exchange servers and decide who has been sending out email? maybe he uses his proprietary google search engine, "God's overview on goddamn lame e-mails". Does He go, “oh that dude forwarded that dumbass story 10 times already so I think I’ll give him some luck just because I pity him, he’s so dumb bless his soul”…? I think God (plus Santa) would be enraged to find out some dumb fuck flooding the mail server for no apparent reason. To the person actually writing these chain-mails… please!! these are so outdated. Try blogging instead. Or something more web2.0-ish. It’s annoying the crap out of me.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,