done...

By UnkleBus
Well I just got off the phone with mum and told her about my plans to do my masters before I go down under. She seemed pretty ok with it and said it was a good idea as long as I planned it out properly but somehow there was hint of disappointment in her voice. I hate doing that to her by not going this year but I really feel that I’ve reached a glass ceiling in terms of work/pay level. I need this to break that ceiling and get into a managerial role. It’s the only way to move forward short of changing lines (and even doing that there would be no guarantee). After 6-7 years stuck at executive level now would be the perfect time to get my masters or at least some form of professional certification. If I did go to Australia it would take me some time to settle down, find a job, get used to the lifestyle, etc. so why go through all of that when I’m already settled now.

That single event one night made me realize that though working so many years, I don’t really have anything to show for it. I know that I want so much in life, the house, the car, (the wife? Haha) well all of these require MONEY. Too much time spent slacking already. Geddit? Life’s to short to be stuck like this. Luckily it is still possible to party and work at the same time. Just don't go overboard and get shafted if you know what I mean ;)

Sometimes I think too much. Enough blabber from me for now. All that needs to be done now is to put the plan into action and even then I’ll still be partying like no tomorrow. Cheers!