Roots...

By UnkleBus

Some months back, events had led me to a drastic change of my lifestyle. I realized that what I had come to hold true to myself was not treated in the same way by others, promises were broken, idealism shattered and then crushed, hopes drowned in the sea of another’s selfishness. All of which I held dear to myself; which I made a promise to, had come to nothing; bleached from my soul like a stain that never was supposed to be there in the first place. I couldn’t take it anymore. I counted what few choices I had and made decisions. One of them was to run.

It wasn’t particularly easy, but yet I decided to make a move to another country. Again tempted by the sweet promise of nothingness, a promise made and the thought that running, turning a new leaf under a different tree would bring me new hopes of a renewed existence, a reason… that which turned out to be false, like a moth to a flame it seemed so attractive at first, luckily the flame died before this said moth got too close. The promise went unfulfilled. But yet under the circumstances I still strived towards it. I guess I will never learn…

A few things have however in recent weeks brought to my attention that all that I’ve been doing so far is running in place, like Robbie William’s latest video Tripping (an appropriate title indeed) and that the people around me mean too much and have made my roots grow deeper making me stronger. Still water runs deeper as currents carve the rock shaping a new path perhaps? My so called objective view of what I saw in someone, was actually also a reflection of myself. Still searching to what makes me, me, an individual, and different from the rest…

Its quite pointless playing dodge-ball when you ARE the ball. I guess I was confused but am not so much now… I know now what needs to be done and that I need to do it now before it slips away…


--UnkleBUS;;

//if you get what I'm saying then great, if not then just wait and see ;)